Sunshine's American Bulldogs
American Bulldog Purchase Contract
The parties here to agree that the owners shall abide by the following conditions:
- The American Bulldog_________________, Hereinafter referred to as the dog, is being transferred to the adopting owner with the understanding that the adopter is taking possession of the dog to treat and to be responsible for it as their own dog.
- The dog will be treated as a family member with loving care and affection. I will do my best to ensure the dog’s safety and well-being.
- I/we will feed the dog at least twice a day and will provide a fresh supply of water at all times.
- The dog will live inside my home and will not be isolated from the family. I will walk my dog on a leash or exercise my dog in a fenced yard. I will never keep my dog chained or tied up continuously in a yard, garage, patio, balcony, or pen, or leave my dog outdoors.
- I will not have the dog attack-trained nor will I use it for any purpose other than companionship. I will not have the dog’s ears cropped nor will I have its tail docked. I will never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of the dog.
- I will take the dog to a licensed veterinarian when shots are due (date)________________ but in no event later than one year from the last vet visit. I will provide all required and/or needed veterinary care, including: rabies shots as required every one or three years; yearly booster shots for DHLPPC; yearly fecal checks for internal parasites (worms); and prompt treatment by a licensed veterinarian for any illness or injury.
- The dog will be given a heartworm preventative every month, all year long. I will have a heartworm test given every year. If there is any break in dispensing heartworm tablets, I must retest for heartworm and restart tablets immediately.
- I/we affirm that no member of my household has been convicted of an animal welfare law violation such as neglect, cruelty, abandonment etc.
- I will ensure proper rabies tag, and personal identification tag to a non-choke collar to be worn at all times. I will ensure compliance with all applicable local and state statutes.
- I will neither take the dog to a shelter nor abandon the dog. I understand that I must notify the previous owner Jade L. Turnis without delay, if I can no longer care for or keep my dog and agree to give the previous guardian Jade L. Turnis reasonable time to rehome my dog, pick up my dog, or place my dog in an approved foster home, if available. I will do my best to help transport the dog back to the original guardian’s home.
- I agree to accept responsibility and ownership of the dog at my own risk and I release previous guardian Jade L. Turnis and its agents from any and all liability arising out of possession and ownership of my dog. I agree that I am assuming total financial responsibility for my pet as of the date of this contract.
- I have been told and understand that this dog is not good with A.Other dogs or B.Children or C.none of the above.
- I understand that by voluntarily signing this agreement, I am entering into a legal and binding contract with Jade L. Turnis. Breach of any term(s) of this agreement is deemed actionable by Jade L. Turnis. In the event there is a violation of the agreement, I agree to pay a minimum of $500.00 in damages to Jade L.Turnis.
Date: ____________ Adoption agreement signature:____________________________
Date: _________ Original guardian’s signature: ____________________________________